Baked gnocchi and cheese

I’m in one of those spots where I feel the need to go through those random items in my pantry and use up what we haven’t touched in what feels like forever. I had two packages of gnocchi that hadn’t moved an inch in at least half a year, so I decided today is the day they get used up. I had a huge bag of cheese in the fridge too, so I grabbed that and decided to make a play in backed macaroni and cheese. Baked gnocchi and cheese! All the yummy, cheesy, bread-crumby goodness of backed mac and cheese, but with potato gnocchi instead! Can I add this is SO easy!

What you will need:
• 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or whatever milk you have)
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 packages of potato gnocchi (2lbs)
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
• 3/4 tsp paprika
• large baking dish

1. Boil water and add your gnocchi - boil until the first gnocchi rises to the top of the water and then immediately remove from heat


2. Drain the gnocchi and dump back into a large pot

3. Pour in the milk, heavy cream, and cheese and stir together thoroughly





4. Transfer the mixture to your large baking dish


5. In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, paprika and Parmesan cheese





6. Carefully pour the breadcrumb mixture over the cheesy gnocchi in your baking dish so that it is completely covered


7. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes


8. Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts