Crockpot Russian beef & kielbasa stew

 This is inspired by a Russian stew I came across a while back, I changed some things around to fit with my pantry/family, and it turned out SO well! I admit I first thought it wouldn’t be that great. I expected the pickles and olives to be far too overwhelming of a flavor, but I was WRONG. The sweetness of the carrot and tomatoes really balance well with the sour flavor of the pickles and olives. 

I highly recommend you give it a go for yourself! 

What you will need:

• 1lb chuck roast 

• beef kielbasa 

• a handful of large carrots 

• 1lb baby-bella mushrooms 

• 1 yellow onion

• 28oz can of crushed tomatoes 

• 5 baby kosher dill pickles 

• 1 cup Spanish olives 

• 15oz can of beets 

• 1 cup beef broth 

• Dill

• Parsley flakes 

• garlic powder 

• 5 small golden potatoes 


1. Slice up your carrot, mushroom, onion, pickles & olives I to small chunks and place into a separate bowl 

2. Slice your kielbasa and beef into small chunks and throw them into the crockpot 

3. Add your bowl mixture of carrots, mushroom, onion, pickles & olives to the meat in the crockpot 

4. Cut your potatoes in half and add them to the crockpot mixture 

5. Slice your canned beets into bite sized pieces if need be, and add to the crockpot 

6. Pour the crushed tomatoes into the crockpot 

7. Shake your dill, parsley and garlic powder into the ccrockpot mixture 

8. Stir everything in the crockpot around, then cover and cook on high for 4 hours 



Comments

Popular Posts