Italian Style Haddock

I had a couple of things left in my fridge to use up before I go for grocery pick up in a couple days. Some of those things were a half bag of spinach, two tomatoes on the vine, and a small red onion. I also had two haddock fillets in my freezer, so I thought, why not put all of these together! My idea worked in my favor, too, because this was delicious and so easy!

What you will need:

  • 1/2 bag of fresh spinach
  • 2 medium tomatoes 
  • 1 small red onion
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • Italian seasoning
  • Olive oil cooking spray 
1. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat 
2. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat
3. Spray both skillets graciously with olive oil cooking spray
4. Cut up your tomatoes and onion
5. Lay your haddock fillets in the non-stick skillet
6. Add your cut up tomatoes and onion to the cast iron skillet
7. Let the fillets cook for 5 minutes, then flip and season with salt and pepper
8. Let your tomato and onion mixture sizzle for 5 minutes, then add the 1/2 bag of spinach
9. Cook the spinach down and season with salt, pepper, and some sprinkles of italian seasoning.
 
10. Allow the haddock to cook for another 6 minutes, You'll know it is done when it begins to flake a easily with a fork.
11. Spoon your tomato, onion, and spinach mixture onto a plate, then lay the haddock fillet over it. 
12. That's it. You're already done. Told ya it was easy. Enjoy! 



Comments

Popular Posts