Gnocchi & Vegetables Skillet

I am currently fighting off a cold, so I really wanted to make a nutritious dinner to help my body! We all know kale is a super food, so I was excited to throw it into a dish and make it super yummy. I used the vegetables I had left in the fridge before our next grocery trip this Friday, and threw some gnocchi in for good measure. It turned out really good...  in my opinion! My toddler ate it without protest and my husband went back for seconds! I hope you love it, too. 

What you will need:
  • 2 sweet potatoes (chopped)
  • 2 carrots (chopped)
  • 1 medium red onion
  • 1 whole tomato (chopped) 
  • 1 bunch of kale 
  • 16oz pack of gnocchi 
  • 1/2 tbsp of butter
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic 
  • Salt and pepper 
  • 1/4 cup water 

  1. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat 
  2. Cut up your sweet potato and add it to the skillet, letting it cook alone for about 10 minutes
  3. During that 10 minutes, chop the rest of your vegetables up 
  4. Add your carrot, tomato, and onion to the skillet with your sweet potato 
  5. Add your 1/4 cup of water and allow all of that to cook together for another 10 minutes 
  6. Rip your bunch of kale int o smaller pieces and add to your skillet (Kale tends to cook down, so don't be afraid to add a lot)
  7. Shake some salt and pepper over all of that!  
  8. Add a 1/2 tbsp of butter to your mixture (I use vegan butter, you can use whatever you wish)
  9. Turn your heat down and continue to stir mixture every few minutes 
  10. Boil water for your gnocchi!
  11. Gnocchi is cool. You'll know it is done when they float to the top!
  12. Drain the water and add your gnocchi directly to your veggie skillet
  13. Add 1 tbsp (or two 1/2 tbsp like me) of minced garlic and stir!
  14. Let all of that simmer together for 5 minutes on low heat, then serve!
YUM!




Comments

Popular Posts